A CEREMONY will be held at St Cuthbert’s Church in Bedlington to mark the dedication of a new standard for the old Northumberland Fusiliers’ 2nd Tyneside Scottish battalion.
The battalion was one of four Tyneside Scottish battalions raised in 1915 to fight in the First World War and disbanded in 1919.
Its colours were laid up at St Cuthbert’s after the battalion’s dissolution and have been there ever since.
A ceremony was held in 2009 to mark the re-dedication of the colours and the refurbishment of the memorial chapel at St Cuthbert’s.
The Tyneside Scottish Association will be returning to the church on Sunday, April 29, at 3pm, to see the battalion’s new standard dedicated in the shadow of the original colours.
There will be a marching contingent, and the pipes and drums of the 204 (Tyneside Scottish) battery of the Royal Artillery will also be in attendance.