A DATE has already been set for next year’s Blyth Battery Second World War re-enactment event due to the success of this year’s fake fights.
This summer’s free event, the third of its kind to be held at South Beach, attracted a turnout of more than 25,000 visitors, its biggest yet.
Organised by Northumberland County Council and Blyth Battery Volunteers the event will return on Saturday and Sunday, May 18 and 19, next year.
Groups travelled from all over the UK to take part in living history displays featuring authentic uniforms and even a German Panzer tank.
Council coastal warden Arthur Cranson said: “The re-enactors and pyrotechnics team provided a spectacle the likes of which has never before been seen in the north east.”
Blyth Battery volunteer Lindsay Durward said: “This has been our best event so far, with so many people coming to watch and take part.
“We are really looking forward to doing it all again next year and making it even better.”