Two people were rescued by passers-by after a fire in a flat in Blyth.
The alarm was raised by people in the Windmill Arms pub who saw smoke coming from a window in the first floor flat in Cowpen Road, above Scaramangas restaurant.
Ten firefighters from West Hartford Fire Station tackled the blaze, which is believed to have broken out in a bedroom of the flat just before 2.30pm on Sunday, August 18.
A spokesperson for Northumberland Fire and Rescue Service confirmed that both occupants in the flat had been rescued before fire crews had arrived. They were treated by paramedics.
A joint investigation into the fire is being carried out by both the fire service and Northumbria Police.