Donation is last action of bowlers
It may be the end of an era for bowling at Bedlington Station, but the club's demise has led to almost Â£1,500 being donated to a very worthy cause.
Since 1928, there has been a bowling green at Bedlingtonshire Community High School, in Bedlington Station. However, due to the rebuild of the high school, which opened to students this month, the green has had to be closed.
The members held a sale of all their bowling equipment and the money raised – £1,1461 – was donated to the children’s cancer ward at the RVI in Newcastle.
Pictured making the cheque presentation to a representative of the RVI above are, from left, chairman Sep Devon; the longest-serving member Anne Moore and her husband Tom, the secretary and treasurer.