Emergency services tackled a kitchen fire in Blyth last night.
A spokeswoman for Northumberland Fire and Rescue Service said: "Two appliances from West Hartford and one from Tynemouth attended a kitchen fire at Crofton Road, Blyth - the call was received at 6.41pm. Crews used breathing apparatus and ventilated the property. The occupant was attended to by North East Ambulance Service."
Police were also called to the scene and a spokeswoman said that there were no reports of any injuries.
Later, at around 10.20pm, an appliance from Pegswood attended a property in Bolsover Street, Ashington, and extinguished three wheelie bins and a large amount of rubbish in the rear yard which spread to the ground-floor flat.