A war memorial from south east Northumberland has been found after not being seen for seven years.
The memorial, which was originally erected in 1920, stood in Newsham Library in Warwick Street before the building was demolished in 2008 to make way for new homes.
The artefact is of historical importance to the people of Newsham as it includes the names of those who lost their lives in two world wars.
But it had not been seen by local people since the library was closed.
After pleas from families of the late servicemen, lead by the Jackson family, to find the missing artefact, Newsham and New Delaval residents set about locating it.
Residents’ association committee member Kelly McFarlane, who lead the search, said: “After hours of hard work and many emails, we are delighted to have located the memorial in storage at Woodhorn Museum.
“We had approached our parish councillors about the possibility of contributing to a replacement if we couldn’t find the original, which they kindly agreed to do.
“However, we’re overjoyed to have found it and wish to express our special thanks to Keith Merrin and the team at Woodhorn for their help and for looking after it for all this time.
“From the information we have collected, we see in five years time it will be 100-years-old and we’re looking forward to working with the Woodhorn team in bringing it back home in time for its centenary.
“It’s great news for our community, it’s the happy ending we had hoped for.”