Should we stop the sale of fireworks to the general public?
Fireworks seem to go on for weeks, not just one night or a weekend.
The stressful effect this has on animals can last a lifetime – dogs, cats, horses, little furry ones and all wildlife are affected by the noise and smell.
Some of the fireworks are far too loud. They belong in an organised display, not in someone’s back garden.
Not to mention the stress this puts on our emergency services – 800 call-outs were reported for the fire service, police and our brilliant NHS staff, who have to deal with burns and aftercare.
So I say ban firework sales and stop the stress to all of our animals. Only go to an organised event, which is safer for all, bigger and better.
The event at the Mermaid car park in Blyth was really good. Well done to all involved, you put on a brilliant display.