A second win for Cramlington United

CRAMLINGTON United’s Michael Jordan and Thomas Close were the heroes as they won for only the second time this season and got themselves off the bottom rung of the Northern Alliance second division.

Scott Dodds netted for hosts High Howdon, but it was not enough to dampen the spirits in the visitors dressing room.

Kris Allington also grabbed a hat-trick as Blyth Isabella thumped Newcastle Benfield Reserves.

Matt Lavender and Curtis Miller got the others while Chris Thompson grabbed a consolation.

Only one game in the premier division beat the weather at the weekend.

Killingworth Sporting’s Connal Reed and Nathan Castle fired home but goals from Hebburn Reyrolle’s Oliver Bone and Robert Allen ensured both sides took a precious point.

In division one, Newcastle Uni’s Alex Ames crashed in at Newcastle Chemfica in another game that ended in stalemate as Gaz Davies struck at the other end.

The point puts the Students back into the black after losing eight in deductions.

In division two, Tony Smith slammed in a hat-trick for leaders Birtley Saint Josephs as they went six points clear of title rivals Wooler in a cracking match.

Smith hit the opener after just 60 seconds and added number two with a smart turn and finish.

Wooler pulled one back through Luke Strangeways just after the break, but St Joes restored their two-goal advantage when Damien Stevens volleyed in.

Andy Thompson capitalised on a defensive mix-up to prod Wooler right back in it, but Smith dispatched a hotly-disputed penalty to round things off.

In the NFA Minor Cup, Dieu Llomana’s hat-trick helped Forest Hall into the fifth round as they hit seven against Wideopen.

Dan Sherliker, Steven Maughan, Thomas Jones and Anthony Grahamslaw got the others in the rout, with Nathan Rogerson chalking up the lone reply.

In the NFA Senior Benevolent Bowl, late strikes from Liam Anderson and Craig Cook took Ponteland United into the semi-finals as they came from behind to surprise Wallsend Town.

Ian Graham had put the hosts ahead but United netted twice in the final ten minutes to win it.

Heaton Stannington also came from behind as they saw off Whitley Bay A, who went ahead through Simon Brown.

He was unlucky to then deflect the leveller into his own net and Lee Johnson headed the winner.

Second half strikes from Chris Bell (2) and Chris Glass booked Percy Main a spot in the last four as they beat Seaton Delaval.