Ashington and Delaval lose leads and games

ASHINGTON Colliers went 2-0 up against Killingworth Sporting in their Northern Alliance premier division fixture but then proceeded to lose the game.

Dale McKenzie and Michael Hogg put the Colliers in charge but goals from Scott Bowman (2) and Liam Callaghan saw them slip to their first defeat of the season.

Amazingly, the same thing happened at Seaton Delaval, who also let a 2-0 lead slip.

Andy Johnson and Grant Kershaw netted before Blyth Town’s Jeff Fuller hit a double and Lee Richardson netted the winner in a nine-minute turnaround.

Carlisle City striker Martin Shepherd hit a hat-trick as the Northern Alliance premier division leaders thrashed Murton 7-1.

He was joined on the score-sheet by Andy Rogerson, Tom Lucock, Carl Murphy and Jamie Heath as the Sky Blues went nap and took their tally to 27 from seven games.

Paul Wintrip got the consolation for the shell-shocked visitors, who are currently looking for a new manager and assistant.

Murton chairman Tom Torrace can be contacted on 07709 730395 with a deadline of September 11 for applicants.

Gary Yates (2), Dean Holmes and Kevin Carr were on target for Heaton Stannington in their 4-1 victory over Stocksfield, with both teams also missing penalties. Phil Murray was the Griffins scorer.

It also ended 4-1 at Shankhouse as they beat Gateshead Rutherford with goals from Steven McBride (2), Richard Atkinson and James Armstrong while Daniel Hill netted for the visitors.

Channon North’s opener for Hebburn Reyrolle was cancelled out by Ponteland United’s Harry Tulip and it also ended all-square at Percy Main as Ashley Smyth levelled Paul Collinson’s strike for Walker Central.

Goals from Darren Riddell and Shaun Taylor (penalty) saw off Newcastle University and maintained Amble United’s unbeaten start to the season and kept them top of division one.

Wallsend Town are just a point behind and romped to a 5-1 win over Morpeth SC with Paul Mchutcheon (2), James Mills, Sean Reid and Gav Jones firing in while Rob Haney replied.

Sam Walton shot Wallington ahead at Forest Hall and although Ben Gibson levelled, an own goal from the unlucky Lee Donnelly saw the Scots’ Gap side take the points.

A solitary Alan Gair goal was enough to give Newcastle Chemfica the points at Wark.

Cramlington Town won 2-1 at Gosforth Bohemians with als from Simon Reay and Steve Ardley, Matthew Atkin replying.

Cullercoats got out of the basement as new signing Michael Gill struck a double in a 4-3 win over Heddon. Graham Allen and Phil Deighton got the others with Perry Veitch (2) and Kevin Urwin on target for the visitors.

The ball was picked out of the back of the net an amazing 12 times at division tTwo new boys Alston who drew a thriller 6-6 with Harton & Westoe CW.

Jake Shepherd, Jack Currah, Aaron Ritchie (2), Matthew Welch and Adam Walton scored for the Cumbrians while Steven Graham (2), Steven Pearce, James Nicholson, Andrew Quinn and Shaun Flood were the Colliery hit-men.

Leaders Red House Farm maintained their unbeaten record and saw off Bedlington Terriers Reserves 3-1 with goals from Robert Noland, Lee Brady and Shaun Forster doing the damage and Mark Nicholson getting the consolation.

New Fordley signed striker Lee Isbister on the morning of their game with Hexham and he repaid them with a double – the winner coming just three minutes from time – in a 3-2 success.

Andrew Waugh gave New Fordley an early lead but a Scott Robson double put Hexham back in charge. Isbister struck in the 74th and 87th minute to turn it around.

Mark Worral was another double hit-man as Northbank beat Wideopen 3-0. Neil Thorley got the other for the Cumbrians and Matty Donkin went one better, netting a hat-trick for North Shields Athletic in their 4-2 victory over Seaton Burn.

Jared Fawcett’s penalty sealed the success with Matthew Laing and Bradley McAvoy scoring in reply.

John Colley netted a first half brace for Alnwick Town Reserves and David Davidson added another late on as they beat Cramlington United 3-0 and Paul Watson struck twice for Wallsend Boys Club in their 3-1 win at Willington Quay Saints.

Andy Robinson got the other with Simon Partridge the Saints scorer.