Ashington Colliers lose to late goal from leaders Walker Central

Ashington Colliers were beaten by a late goal in their game against Northern Alliance premier division leaders Walker Central on Saturday.

Dave Brown had shot the Colliers in front but second half strikes from Phil McCoy and a late Anthony Studholme effort kept Central’s noses in front.

Red House Farm kept up the pressure on them as Michael Armstrong bagged a brace at Killingworth Station. Paul Newton-Eddy netted the other with Martin Roper grabbing the consolation.

Blyth Town hit five without reply at Wallington. Malcolm Morien (2), Conner Andrews, David Atkinson and David Robinson did the damage.

Paul Dunn also struck twice for Shankhouse at Percy Main. Peter Snowdon and Gary Yates got the others with Matty Robinson netting twice in reply.

Hebburn Reyrolle’s Martin Urwin, Jamie Lawson (2) and Stephen Cockburn were all smiles as the bottom side beat Northbank convincingly.

Stocksfield shared the spoils with Whitley Bay A. Andrew Hall and Declan Stokle were the Griffins’ hit-men with Andy Robertson and Ryan McGorrigan on target for the Seahorses.

It ended goalless between Rutherford and Carlisle City, mainly being thanks to Rutherford keeper Owen Little who produced a couple of brilliant saves.

A Chris Anderson penalty got division one leaders Cramlington Town off to a good start against Cullercoats, and further goals from David Mason and Kev Long secured the points.

Second placed Chemfica slipped up at Bedlington Terriers Reserves, who had Mark Race, Reece Farell and Andy Mogwo on target. Chris Homans replied.

Louis O’Donahue’s double gave Bohemians the points at Redheugh, who netted through Scott Robson.

A late winner from Francis Storey gave Heddon victory at Hexham.

Luke Strangeways and Michael Saunders shot home for Wooler in their draw with North Shields Athletic, who had Daniel Capewell and Scott Jasper on the scoresheet.

Dan Wright’s first half goal gave Ponteland United a win over Willington Quay Saints.

Joe Watson, Jesse Walkin and Joseph Laver struck for Newcastle Uni but Lee Cuthbertson (2) and Shaun Todhunter replied for Birtley Saint Josephs in a six-goal thriller.

Division two leaders Longbenton were held to a draw by Whitburn Atheltic. David Short netted for the Bulls but Liam Donnelly was on target for Athletic.

Wallsend Boys Club are shaping up to be promotion contenders and Chris Brennan struck twice in their win over Grainger Park. Michael Starkie got the other.

Ross Muter, John Bone (2) and Mick Angus kept AFC Newbiggin’s title hopes on track at Wideopen.

Curtis Miller netted a hat-trick in Isabella’s victory at Cramlington United. Dan Gray had given them a shock with the opener, but further goals from Andy Davison and Micky Meins completed the turnaround.

Daniel Cotton went one better with four in High Howdon’s win over Swalwell. Chris Marshall got the other with Danny Igo replying.

Jonny Dobson, James Fenwick, Lewis Meech and an own goal completed the Gateshead Leam Rangers tally at Alnwick Town Res, with Neil McFall Town’s target man.

Newcastle Benfield Reserves hit-man Andy McBride plundered a treble in his side’s fourth win on the bounce against West Allotment Celtic A. Chris Thompson added another with Ben Jackson the Celtic scorer.