Ashington Hoose shocked in cup quarter-final

IN the quarter-final of the Standard Security Blyth and Wansbeck Sunday League George Davison Cup, Forest Hall pulled off a shock when they defeated first division Ashington Hoose by the odd goal in three.

They will now meet holders Burradon and New Fordley in the semi-final next weekend after goals came from Paul Errington and Martin Peters with Stephen Butters scoring for Hoose.

In the J D Marnock Cup quarter-final between Blyth Last Orders and South Beach Residents, the game went all the way to penalties.

South Beach were well in control by half-time with a 3-1 lead, but they failed to push their advantage home in the second half and allowed Last Orders back into the game. At the end of 90 minutes, the scores were level 3-3.

South Beach took the lead in extra time but with time running out a bit of individual magic from Martyn Hepple drew his side back level with the last kick of the game.

Last Orders missed their first spot kick but South Beach went on to miss two and Last Orders won 4-3.

Goals for Last Orders came from Martyn Hepple (2), Brian Gabbitas and an own goal by Paul Cotterill. On target for Beach was Joes Betts (2), Lee Scott and Michael Myers also scored. Last Orders are now away to Newbiggin Bankhouse next week for the right to meet Ashington Portland in the final.

Division one saw Ashington Grand go down 7-0 at home against a strong Burradon and New Fordley side. Scoring for the visitors was Ian Lee (3), Michael Chilton (2), Andrew Keenan and Ryan Hutchinson.

Wansbeck Flavour Bar also went down at home against Blyth Comrades 6-1. Stephen Frater scored for Flavour Bar, but on target for Comrades was Daniel Long (3), Daniel Carr (2) and Dean Fitch.

Division two saw AE Phoenix go down 2-1 at home against Marden Residents. Marden went into a 2-0 interval lead with goals from Ira Tilley and Michael Wedderburn, but second half saw Phoenix battered the Marden goal but could only score one through Gavin McMillan.

Bay Horse went down 3-0 at home against Blyth Percy Arms.

Cramlington Phoenix beat Newshan Vic 2-1. Dean Devlin bagged both goals for Phoenix and Connor Vincent scored for Vic.

FC Beacon had a good win at home against promotion hopefuls Blyth Top House 2-1. On target for Beacon was Ian Marsh and Michael Lamb. John Moran scored for Top House.

Lynemouth Institute won at 3-0 at home Ashington White House courtesy of goals from Rodger Pile, Marc Richardson and Callum Hermiston.

Any team wishing to join the league should contact league secretary Frank Scantlebury on