Blyth Town advance to League Cup final in Northern Alliance

Blyth Town advanced to the Northern Alliance Bay Plastics League Cup final after a semi-final win over Northbank.

Robbie Vallance and Ricky Lee James scored for the away side, but premier division leaders Blyth advanced courtesy of goals from Ian Lee, a David Atkinson penalty, Scott Pocklington and Danny Beresford.

In the Newcastle Building Society premier division, Russell Ward’s first half effort was enough for Shankhouse to take the points against Seaton Delaval.

John Robson and Steve Hurd slotted in for Walker Central in their win at Whickham Sporting. Aidan Atkinson pulled one back.

It also ended 2-1 at Hebburn Reyrolle, who led through Davie Southern’s free kick but were pegged back by goals from Rutherford’s David Boyle and Alex White.

North Shields Athletic hit four without reply at Killingworth Station.

Wallington drew a blank in their game against Carlisle City with neither side able to apply the decisive touch in front of goal.

In Nike first division, AFC Newbiggin held an interval advantage at Newcastle Chemfica thanks to a Richie Morris’ 12th minute strike. He added a second late on with Ross Muter and Michael Hogg also shooting home in a 4-0 win.

Syros Komodromus, Charlie Pilkington and Pete Mairs got on the scoresheet for Newcastle Uni in their win at Wallsend Boys Club.

Hexham pulled away from the relegation zone with goals from Tom North and David Hall against Cullercoats, who netted through Dan Iredale.

Birtley Saint Josephs also won 3-0 on the road at Bohemians, with James Bowman scoring twice and Luke Steel getting the other.

Rob Ridley’s double helped Bedlington Terriers Reserves to victory over Blyth Isabella, with Ryan Cockburn adding a third. Christian Priest hit the consolation.

Cramlington Town’s Robert Dale, Victor Jefferson, David Mason and Dan McDonald all fired in to plunge Wooler deeper into relegation trouble, with Ross Tait pulling one back late on.

Gary Cook struck twice as Ponteland United booked a spot in the Bluefin Sport Bill Gardner Memorial Trophy final.

Zac Bewley and Jack L’Argent also found the net for United as they beat New Fordley, with Matthew Middleton pulling one back.

Lindisfarne Custom Planet pulled off a shock in the other semi-final as they dumped out Percy Main with goals from Grant Richardson, Mark Wilkinson and Ross Seaman.

In Bay Plastics second division, Alnwick Town Reserves were on fire as they smashed nine past promotion hopefuls Grainger Park.

The west end outfit had Shaun Sager (2) and Steve Matthews on target, but the awesome black and whites’ Ryan Taylor ran riot netting four times, Dom Schieveta hit two and Kenny Collins, Scott McMullen Neil McFall added the others.

Chris Carr hit the only goal in Seaton Burn’s win over Forest Hall.

Glen Johnson, Kane Chirnside, Ryan Ferrier and Andrew Breheny netted for Willington Quay Saints at High Howdon.

Chris Sword hit a hat-trick for Longbenton but the Bulls were pegged back by goals from Swalwell’s Chris Grant, Brian Allen and David Jeffers.

Shilbottle reduced the gap at the top of the table to four points with three games in hand as they handed out a 4-1 defeat to Newcastle Benfield Reserves.

Niall Younger bagged a brace in Cramlington United’s success against Wideopen. Shaun Nicholson and Nathan Hewitt added the others with Stephen Dodds, Ross Dickinson and Mitch Ramsey the visitors’ targetmen.

Gateshead Leam Rangers went into the final of the Bluefin Sports Amateur Cup as James Fenwick hit a double at Whitburn Athletic and Jonny Burn added the other. Andy Smith struck twice in reply.