Blyth Town held in battle at top of premier division

Blyth Town (white) in action against Redhouse Farm in the top of the table clash. Picture by Steve Miller.
Blyth Town (white) in action against Redhouse Farm in the top of the table clash. Picture by Steve Miller.

It ended all square in the Northern Alliance premier division top of the table clash between Blyth Town and Red House Farm.

Josh Miller’s unfortunate own goal for the hosts was cancelled out by David Robinson’s leveller as the game ended 1-1.

That gave leaders Walker Central the chance to go four points clear with a Matty Hayton double and a Dean Imray penalty giving them the points against Hebburn Reyrolle.

An own goal and further strikes from Michael Bowman and Mark Covell put Killingworth Station three up at the break on their visit to Whitley Bay A, who hit back with goals from Michael Clement and Nick Jarvis Smith. They also hit the woodwork on a couple of occasions.

First half strikes from Andrew Shepherd and Ricky Lee James gave Northbank the points at Shankhouse.

A late Derek Waters strike, following up his saved spot kick, gave Stocksfield three points against Carlisle City.

Kevin Broynson’s last-gasp winner saw Rutherford leapfrog Ashington Colliers in the relegation battle. Will Forsyth’s opener had been cancelled out by David Brown, but Broynson struck with just 60 seconds to go.

Percy Main also got a bit of breathing space as Sam Thompson lashed in the only goal against Wallington.

David Mason bagged a brace in division one leaders Cramlington Town’s win over Ponteland United. Stu Kyle, Chris Anderson (pen) and Danny McDonald got the others with Michael Rankin replying from the spot.

Jay Lomana, Garrick Murphey Collins, Gaz Davies and Steve McLaughlin were on target for Newcastle Chemfica as they out-gunned Wooler.

Hexham celebrated a last minute winner at New Fordley. Gavin Cox and Aiden Armstrong had netted for the Tynedalers with Joe Besford and Zak Tully replying before Thomas North pounced in the 89th minute.

Anthony Errington and Ryan Bailey were North Shields Athletic’s hit-men at Bohemians, who had Andrew Dalton on the scoresheet.

Dan Hill struck the winner for Birtley Saint Josephs in the dying seconds against Gateshead Redheugh.

Scott Westaway was on target for Bedlington Terriers Reserves in their draw with Newcastle Uni, who netted through Harry Wilson.

Division two leaders Longbenton were held by Wallsend Boys Club as Chris Sword’s double for the Bulls was cancelled out by strikes from Michael Starkie and Karl Morrison.

Grainger Park went ahead at AFC Newbiggin as Shaun Sager struck but the Seasiders turned the game on its head with replies from Kev Halliday, Richie Kennedy and Ross Muter.

Craig Jackson hit the only goal for Seaton Burn in their victory over West Allotment Celtic A.

Andrew Haigh lashed in a hat-trick as Blyth Isabella proved too strong for Wideopen. Che Aisbitt, Dan Carr, Dan Wardle and Micheal Meins (2) got the others in a whitewash.

James Fenwick and Jordan Bolton were on the scoresheet for Gateshead Leam Rangers in their victory over Newcastle Benfield Reserves, who rattled the bar.

Andrew Kiddell and Neil McFall netted in the first half as Alnwick Town Reserves beat Swalwell, who pulled one back through David Jeffers.

Daniel Cotton hit High Howdon’s winner at Whitburn, who were reduced to ten men for most of the game.

Mason Stephenson struck twice in Seaton Delaval’s BlueFin Group Bill Gardner Memorial Trophy semi-final win over Cullercoats. An own goal and a Michael Fenwick strike completed the scoring. The Red Devils will meet Alnwick Town Reserves in the final.