Blyth Town remain one point behind Amble

BLYTH Town remain a point behind Amble United in the Northern Alliance premier division as they put four past Rutherford on Saturday.

Two from Daniel Beresford and further strikes from John Amos and Stephen Howes won it for Town.

Amble’s Josh Hay and Sean Taylor were on target at Stocksfield as the Seasiders maintained pole position. They were given a fright when Chris Hall pulled one back but held out for the win

Heaton Stannington’s Jonathon Wright struck four times in a ten-goal thriller at Shankhouse. Lee Johnson and Andrew Johnson also chipped in with the hosts’ tally coming from an own goal, Paul Dunn, Dean Deagle and Adam Scope.

Carlisle City were also among the goals, hitting five against Walker Central. Kyle Armstrong, Sean Wilkinson, Tom Lucock (2) and Martin Shepherd made up their total with Fabian Pritchard nodding in twice in reply.

Goals from Gav Hattrick and Lewis Burns gave Whitley Bay A the win at Ashington Colliers while Joanthon Simpson, Darren Addison (pen) and Dean Armstrong struck for Harraby United at Hebburn Reyrolle, who had Dean Stewart and Steven Wood reply.

Chris Bell’s opener for Percy Main was cancelled out by a late Micheal Fenwick strike for Seaton Delaval and it ended goalless between Killingworth Sporting and Wallsend Town.

Jordan Nellis struck a hat-trick as Wallington romped back to top of Division One. Justin Milligan, Sam Walton and an own goal completed their six goal haul with Chris Major grabbing a consolation for shell-shocked Northbank while Red House Farm also hit six at Morpeth Town A.

Jack Martin, Martin Soulsby, Shane Brooks, Roi Ticknell, Dale Pearson and Michael Steinmetz piled the agony on the basement side.

Scott Johnson (2), Robert Frame and Steven Satterthwaite netted for Heddon in a goal-fest at Forest Hall with Michael Reay (2), Thomas Faid and Daniel McDonald replying while Adam Bains hit the only goal in Bedlington Terriers reserves win against Newcastle Uni.

Newcastle Chemfica’s Steven Spence, Tito Davison and Chris Homans scored in their 3-2 success against Gateshead Redheugh while Steven Hart and Jack Whittaker netted for Cullercoats against Hexham, but replies from Liam Heenan and Orin Parkin made it all square.

Bohemians also took a point with Paul Studley crashing home and Stephen Rae hitting the target for visitors Ponteland United.

Cramlington Town advanced in the Pin Point Recruitment Bill Gardner Memorial Trophy with a 4-0 success at Newcastle Benfield Reserves.

Jordan Watson (2) and Paul Alexander (2) were the scorers.

North Shields Athletic’s Gary Farrage was the hero with the only goal at High Howdon, which takes them eight points clear at the top of Division Two.

A surprise looked on the cards when Tony Leach and James Walker put Grainger Park 2-0 up against Wideopen, but the third-placed side hit back through Ross Dickinson (2) and Michael Strachan.

Wooler’s Michael Saunders was on target goals from New Fordley’s Lee Waugh, Lewis Boddy and Daniel Young gave them the points and Wallsend Boys Club’s scorers were Ross Berkeley, Michael Starkie and an own goal but they missed a last-gasp penalty to take a point as visitors Alston crashed in four and Swalwell celebrated victory as they saw off Cramlington United 3-1 in the basement battle.

When Seaton Burn keeper Chris Carr dived to parry a 30th minute penalty, Birtley Saint Joseph’s Tony Smith reacted quickest to stab the winner into the net to put them into the Pin Point Recruitment Amateur Cup Final where they face Blyth Isabella whose scorers were Che Aisbitt, Andrew Haigh, Kris Allington and Matthew Lavender against Longbenton.