Burradon and New Fordley through the semi-final

Share this article

Burradon and New Fordley moved closer to another final when they reached the semi-final of the Standard Security Blyth and Wansbeck Sunday League SA Randolph Cup, where they will meet North Shields Royal Arms.

They progressed with a 3-0 away win against Blyth Comrades with goals from Michael Chilton (2) and Daniel Young.

And on Sunday they are in the semi-final of the NFA Sunday Cup at home against Blakelaw Social Club.

In round two of the JD Marnock Cup, United Services, Ashington White House, Forest Hall and Blyth Last Orders reached the quarter-finals.

Services had a good win at Ashington Excelsior, beating their hosts by 3-2. Excelsior’s goals came from Martin Kelly and Adam Mavid Services goals came from Joe Rose, David Long and James More.

Ashington White House beat Newsham Victory 4-2 at home with Craig Towert (2), Shaun Dodds and Andrew McLennen goals. David Lillico scored both for Vic.

Last Orders won 5-2 at Blyth Isabella Colliery, who

scored through Chris Arkless and Dean Simmons. For Last Orders, Andrew Dodds (3), Chris McCartney and Mathew Crooks were on target.

Forest Hall and New Delaval and Newsham had to go all the way to extra time before two goals for Forest Hall saw them through 4-2. Goals for Forest Hall came from Paul Errington, Joe Kennedy, Tony Robertson and an own goal for Forest Hall. James Bell replied with two penalties for Newsham.

In the premier division, Ashington Bubbles and Cramlington Phoenix shared the points in a 2-2 draw. Goals for Bubbles came from Daniel Hislop and Craig Penny. Replying for Phoenix was Dean Devlin and Sean Glendinning.

North Shields Royal Arms and Ashington Grand drew 1-1 with Alan Baptist scoring for Royal and Chad Miller for Grand.

Wansbeck Pots and Slots won 4-1 to Red Lion. Jamie Barker scored the consolation for Lion, but goals from Michael Hogg (2), Richard Hall and Michael Angus won it.

Division one saw Blyth Sports and Social Club win 3-0 at home against A E Phoenix with goals from Vince Palmer, Daniel Day and Glen Dolmahoy.

FC Beacon’s game against Marden Residents was abandoned due to a Beacon player sustaining a nasty injury.

Newbiggin Bankhouse went down 2-1 at home against Blyth South Beach, although the outcome may have been different as Bankhouse had to play some of the game with ten men after a player sustained a broken arm. Ross Adams scored for Bankhouse with Steven Craig and Joe Betts on target for South Beach.

Stakeford Cherry Tree went down at home 4-1 against the much-improved Cramlington Green. Peter Allaway scored for Cherry Tree. On target for Green were Kevin Marshall, Jordan Leonard, Michael Brady and Zak Douglas.

The Alan Davison Cup final is on March 30 with a 10.30am kick-off.