Fox Cover pull off great comeback to draw 4-4

Share this article

IN the Standard Security Blyth and Wansbeck Sunday League Alan Davison Cup quarter-finals there were wins for Whitley Bay Cibos and Milbourne Arms.

The Cibos overcame division two form team in Ashington Grand 5-2. Scoring for Grand was Gareth Lane and Paul Hedley.

Milbourne’s game was over as a contest as early as the 10th minute when Ashington White House found themselves 3-0 down, with Milbourne finally running out 4-1 winners.

John Appleby scored the consolation goal for the White House. Paul Katz, Scott Brotherick, Mathew Lawn and Chris Evans scored for Milbourne Arms.

The premier division saw Burradon gain a narrow 2-1 victory away against Ashington Mortimer. Burradon’s Paul Willery scored both their goals. On target for Mortimer was Jason Riches.

Blyth Comrades came out on top in their encounter with The Eagle, Terry Self scoring the only goal of the game.

Division one saw New Hartley gain a valuable point at home against Monkseaton Arms in a 3-3 draw.

On target for Hartley was Terry Clough, Nick Jefferson and Sean Storrey.

Ashington Grand Street had a turn in fortunes when they won away at Earsdon Red Lion 3-2 with goals from Chris Hogg (2) and Steven Frater.

New Delaval and Newsham found it tough against form team The Albert, going down 4-2 at home. Scoring for Delaval was Steven Molloy and Jay Hamilton.

Goals for the Albert came from Richard May and Craig Hull both scoring twice.

Monkseaton Hunting Lodge had a comfortable 5-1 win away to Blyth Masons Arms. James Woodhouse scored the consolation goal for the Masons.

North Shields Gunner returned to form with a 5-3 at home against High Street. On target for the Gunner were Martyn Evens (2), Andrew Robinson, Paul Noon and Aaron Langlands. The Goldie brothers replied for High Street. Anthony with two and Alan with the other one.

Rockcliffe Arms overcame a spirited Blyth Seahorse 4-2. Scoring for the Rockcliffe was Simon Gourley and Jonathan Kerr with two each. David Archbold and Brian Gabbitas scored for the Seahorse.

Division two saw the comeback of the day. Trailing 4-0, Ashington Fox Cover did a Newcastle United and earned a draw at home against Blyth South Beach, the Cover scoring their fourth goal in the last minute with a penalty.

Scoring for South Beach was Joe Betts (2), Michael Meyers and Daniel Day. On target for the Cover was Kris Allington (3) and Steven Clark.

North Shields Catholic Club went down 4-2 at home at home against league leaders Cowpen Percy Arms. On target for the Catholic Club were Andrew Walker and Nicky Whitelaw. Cowpen’s scorers were Paul Huck (3) and Ian Dawson.

West Allotment had to come from behind to defeat basement side The Newsham 2-1. Both goals came late in the game from Andrew Peacock. David Lillico scored for the Newsham.