Holders Seaton Delaval out of League Cup

Share this article

AMBLE United came from behind to go three points clear at the top of the Northern Alliance premier division.

Marc Shiel lobbed visitors Harraby United ahead from an angle, but Chris Graham’s wicked cross-shot flew into the net to level.

Darren Addison latched onto a through ball to steer past the advancing keeper to restore the Cumbrians’ advantage right on half time.

Ross Gair’s curling header sneaked in at the near post to level and Sean Taylor produced to cool finishes to win it.

Percy Main crashed to a heavy defeat as Whitley Bay A’s Lewis Burns struck twice and Michael Clemet, Andrew Robertson, Kyle Downey (pen) and Ryan Keltie all got on the scoresheet in a romp. Matty Robinson grabbed a consolation.

Adrian Sutcliffe’s long range drive and Karl Campbell’s header put Stocksfield on top against Rutherford.

Shaun Todhunter did pull one back with a penalty, but Gareth Lee added a third and Phil Murray tucked away from the spot at the other end to keep the visitors in the basement.

Kicks Leisure George Dobbins League Cup: Ponteland United’s Billy Holden hit the only goal as they pulled off a surprise and sent holders Seaton Delaval crashing out of the competition.

Fellow first division side Red House Farm were also celebrating a scalp as they stuck four times at Hebburn Reyrolle.

Paul Newton-Eddy netted twice with Jack Martin and Martin Soulsby getting the others while John Murray headed in for the South Tynesiders.

First division Willington Quay Saints were also on the end of a surprise as goals from Blyth Isabella’s Matthew Lavender, Andrew Davison and Kris Allington sent the division two new boys into round four.

Jamie Patterson hit three for Ashington Colliers big win at Killingworth Sporting with David Brown (3) and Joe Moscrop getting the others. Paul Baird, Michael Bowman and Connal Reed netted for Sporting.

Blyth Town and Heaton Stannington both hit four on the road. Town’s Kyle Devlin, Dan Long, Daniel Beresford and Graeme Heath fired in at Forest Hall, with Dan Sherliker replying, while Kevin Carr (2), Anthony Johnson and Lee Johnson crashed home for Heaton at Heddon, Perry Veitch notching the consolation.

John Paxton, Sam Walton and Jordan Nellis were Wallington’s scorers in a 3-2 win at Bedlington Terriers Reserves, while goals from martin Shepherd, Brandon Longcakes and Sean Bannon took Carlisle City through at Hexham. Kurtis Harvey scored for the Tynedalers.

Pin Point Recruitment Bill Gardner Memorial Trophy: Morpeth Town A had plenty to celebrate as goals from Darren Percy, Martin Douglas and Andrew Dodds gave them their first win of the season at Bohemians.

Joe Baker and Joe Collins netted for Bohs, but they couldn’t put take the smile off the Town lads’ faces.

Holders Wallsend Town cruised through at Gateshead Redheugh with goals from Chris Garwood, Lee Garwood and Paul Gordon, Graeme King notching a consolation, while Andy Millar, Steven Elsey and Jordan Watson give Cramlington Town a victory over Newcastle Uni.

Adrian Hanysides’ double saw Newcastle Benfield through against Swalwell, who had Chris Watson on target, while goals from Ian Dorgan and Chris Gray saw Cramlington United through in a tie that was switched to Wideopen, whose hit-man was Lee Shickle.

Walker Central were 3-0 up then trailed 4-3 in a cracker at Longbenton that was finally settled 4-2 on penalties in Central’s favour.

Division Two: North Shields Athletic’s Johnny Wyres fired in a second half free kick to put the leaders in front against High Howdon and Scott Jasper added a second to make the points safe.

Wooler’s James Scott gave them an early lead against Birtley Saint Joseph’s which was cancelled out by a Damien Stevens double, but the Glendale side were relieved as Scott grabbed a leveller with just two minutes to go.

Lee Waugh struck twice for New Fordley but they were stunned by goals from Robert Jefferson (2), Tony Leach and Chrissy Robinson that pulled Grainger Park up the table.