League’s two out of County Minor Cup

THE Standard Security Blyth and Wansbeck Sunday league saw its last two representatives in the County Minor Cup knocked out at the weekend.

Ashington Grand, who were well below strength in their away tie at Walker Willows, went down 5-1. Craig Miller scored their goal.

Tynemouth Gunner came up against a superb Lemington Social Club and lost 4-0.

Meanwhile Burradon and New Fordley and Newbiggin FC reached the final of the SA Randolph Cup.

Burradon eased through 4-0 against Ashington RAOB thanks to goals from Ian Lee and Paul Willery, both scoring two each.

Newbiggin had a tremendous 3-2 win at home against Ashington Mortimer, after extra time. With the scores level at 2-2 after 90 minutes, a goal by Steven Sanderson was enough for Newbiggin to reach the final.

Other goals for Newbiggin came from Alan Thain and Tony Messenger. Jason Riches and Darren Riddell scored for Mortimer.

In the Saints Shield quarter-final The Albert North Shields had an easy passage through to the semi-final, beating a spirited New Hartley 6-1. Ryan Collier scored Hartley’s consolation.

In the first semi-final, Ashington Grand Street beat Blyth Seahorse 3-2 in extra time. Goals for Seahorse came from David Burt and Brian Gabbitas. On target for Grand Street came from Chris Hogg (2) with Graham Buller scoring the all-important extra time goal.

Whitley Bay Cibos reached the final of the Alan Davison Cup, beating Milbourne Arms 4-1. John Hall scored for Milbourne.

The premier division saw Blyth Comrades enjoy a 5-2 win at home against The Eagle. Antony Ridley led the scoring with a hat-trick. Further goals came from Steven Bell and Terry Self. Scoring for Eagle was Andrew Howe and Jake Miller.

In division Blyth Masons Arms beat Earsdon Red Lion by the odd goal in seven. On target for Masons were Lee Birch, Steven Elsey, Nick Brannighan and James Woodhouse.

High Street turned the formbook upside down with a 4-2 win at home against Rockcliffe Arms. Goals for the Street came from Alan Goldie (2), Anthony Goldie and Jason Smart.

Monkseaton Hunting Lodge had a good 5-3 win at home against New Delaval and Newsham. Scoring for Delaval was Paddy Allen (2) and Jay Hamilton.

Division Two saw North Shields Catholic Club and Ashington Fox Cover draw 2-2 with once again Kris Allington on target for Cover with Lee Scott adding their second.

The Newsham went down at home 2-1 against Bedlington Community. David Lillico scored for the Newsham. Scoring for the Community was Darryl Gibson and Carl Stobbart.

Whitley Bay Bedroom won 5-2 at home against Blyth Prince of Wales.

On target for the Bedroom was Jed Findley (2), Graham Murray, Grant Richardson and Steven Barclay. Scoring for the Prince was Brian Clough and Jamie Summers.

Good luck to Burradon and New Fordley for next Sunday when the play their semi-final in the County Sunday Cup.