Patton keeps Hebburn title hopes alive

Share this article

DEAN Patton kept Hebburn Reyrolle’s title hopes alive as they twice came from behind to beat Blyth Town.

With leaders Heaton Stannington winning 3-2 at Stocksfield on Friday night to – Gary Dixon netting the winner in the 83rd minute – the pressure was on to keep pace.

And when Kyle Devlin’s cross slipped through their keeper’s hands and fell into the net for the opener, it looked like they might blow it.

Carl Thorp steadied Reyrolle’s nerves when he headed in a leveller in the 26th minute but within two minutes Town had gone up the other end and David Atkinson bent in a free kick.

Liam Clark beat two men and fired in from the narrowest of angles to equalise three minutes after the break and Patton ran clear to slot in the winner in the 68th.

Experienced Whitley Bay A hit-man Paul Chow crashed in a hat-trick in a dramatic 5-4 win over Shankhouse on Friday night which leaves the two clubs promoted from Division One last term sitting in second and third spot.

Jamie Patterson, Marc Richardson and David Brown were on target for Ashington Colliers as they beat Seaton Delaval 3-2 in a curtain-raiser for the showpiece Kicks Lesuire George Dobbins League Cup Final on May 16. Daniel McGuire struck twice in reply.

Tony Abladey fired in for Percy Main in the 30th minute at Murton and Ryan Laws secured the points with a second in the 79th.

It also ended 2-0 at Harraby, with Dean Armstrong prodding in the opener against Killingworth from 18 yards not long after Dan Wordsworth had struck the woodwork.

Steve Archibald’s overhead kick thumped the bar before Peter Ferris added number two with a scuffed shot in the 85th minute.

Carlisle City went ahead at Rutherford through Stuart Kilgour, but the hosts turned things around with goals from Chris Morris and Shaun Todhunter. Tom Lucock ensured it ended honours even when he levelled just five minutes from the end.

Wallington’s Chris Moffat gave them a 20th minute lead against Cullercoats that was doubled when Ben Fenwick fired in a free kick. The Seasiders pulled one back in the second half when Anthony Young smacked in a spilled shot.

Goals from Heddon’s Max Turner, Peter Scott and Andrew Lee Davidson in a devastating ten-minute first half spell gave them the points at Newcastle Uni, who had Adam Fearn and Tom Stapleton find the target.

Hexham stormed to the top of Division Two with a six-goal blast at Whickham Lang Jacks.

Ali Stobbs and Liam Heenan both claimed braces with Neil Tiffin and Scott Robson also getting on the scoresheet.

Red House Farm levelled at Bedlington Terriers Reserves with just ten minutes left.

Mark Race had given Terriers a 23rd minute lead and although Red House were reduced to ten men, Adam Steinmetz grabbed the late leveller.

Northbank’s promotion push continued as Sergio Royo hit the only goal against a young Alnwick Town Reserves side that played some nice football while Willington Quay saints had Gareth Pew and Mark Henderson punching the air in celebration after goals at Alston.

Harton and Westoe struck six times at Seaton Burn, who replied through two Andrew Bennett penalties and a Jordan Milne strike.