Richardson scores two to put Blyth through

Share this article

BLYTH Town’s Lee Richardson hit a brace as his side beat KIllingworth Sporting 2-1 in the second round of the Northern Alliance Kicks Leisure Challenge Cup.

Frankie Di Pietro’s goal for Killingworth proved no more than a consolation.

Percy Main’s Kevin Westhall was another player that celebrated twice in a 3-0 win over Ponteland United. Tony Browell’s header added to Westhall’s early opener and he rounded things off after the break when Tony Abladey set him up.

An extra time winner from Craig Schofield for Heaton Stannington knocked Shankhouse out.

Andrew Carr gave Ashington Colliers the lead in the 33rd minute but Whitley Bay A’s Colin Gillespie levelled and then Jay Walker netted the winner for the visitors.

Amble United advanced in the Pin Point Recruitment Combination Cup as they hit six at Newcastle Chemfica Independent – but they needed extra time to see off their hosts.

Alistait Turvey, Josh Hay, Ross Gair, Craig Dance, Darren Riddell and Richard Brown shared the United goals.

Wallington had Kyle Reardon and David Thompson on target as they went through 2-1 at Forest Hall with Matt Smith replying.

Cullercoats beat Wark 2-0 to move into round two.

Paul Blakey and Simon Reay hit two apiece with Luke Newton and Kevin Ord getting the others for Cramlington Town in a 6-1 victory over Morpeth SC, whose marksman was Ben Pollock.

North Shields Athletic’s Matty Donkin and Gary Farrage hit the net as they beat Bedlington Terriers Reserves 2-1 in division two. Simon Brown grabbed the consolation.

Robert Nolan hit four for Red House Farm as they romped into the second round of the Pin Point Recruitment Amateur Cup with a 5-1 win at Wideopen and District.

Goals from Joe Bell and Ben Howell saw Whickham Lang Jacks through against Cramlington United.

Seaton Burn needed extra time – and penalties – to see off New Fordley, who were reduced to nine men.

Andrew Bennet’s goal at the end of the first period of extra time looked to have put Seaton burn through but Lee Waugh levelled five minutes into the second period. Seaton Burn held their nerve to advance 4-2 on penalties.