Seaton Delaval just fall short with fight back

WHEN Jamie Heath fired in Carlisle City’s third goal at Seaton Delaval in the 61st minute to put them 3-0 up, the Sky Blues must have thought they were home and dry.

But they had to face a late barrage after goals from Danny McGuire and Trevor Benjamin got the Red Devils right back in it.

Martin Shepherd put City ahead in the tenth minute and Tom Lucock made it 2-0 ten minutes after the break.

Heath netted six minutes later before McGuire and ex-Leicester City ace Benjamin were on target in the 75th and 76th minutes.

But despite mounting pressure the Cumbrians held out to maintain top spot.

Peter Ferris, Steve Archibald and a Kyle Armstrong penalty put Harraby CC 3-0 up against Stocksfield after just 24 minutes.

And although Archibald saw red just after half-time, the ten men added a fourth through Sean Bannon in the 81st.

First half goals from Gary Dixon and Andrew Weeks gave Heaton Stannington the advantage against bottom side Murton, and the black and whites added two more from Jonathon Wright and Gary Yates before Shane O’Brien pulled back a late double.

Chris Morris shot Rutherford ahead in a thrilling eight-goal end-to-end encounter with Whitley Bay A.

Niall Younger levelled before Ross Taylor restored the Rutherford advantage. Just sixty seconds later a crazy Mark McMeekin own goal made it 2-2 and although Shaun Todhunter shot Rutherford 3-2 up, thirty seconds after the interval it was all-square again when Sean Jobson netted.

Craig Smith tucked away a penalty to give the Seahorses the advantage and sub Andy Charlton sealed the points when he completed a good team goal.

Shankhouse’s Dean Deagle poked in the only goal against Killingworth Sporting and Percy Main’s Tijan Kah netted a breakaway 72nd winner at Ashington Colliers.

John Paxton crashed in FIVE times as Wallington demolished Cramlington Town 10-0 in Division One.

His strike partner Jordan Nellis got four and was denied a fifth himself when the keeper saved his last minute penalty. Sam Walton added the other.

Wallsend Town maintained their promotion charge with goals from Derek Thompson, Lee Garwood and Paul McHutcheon at Morpeth Sporting, who replied through Michael Starkie.

Jack Whittaker struck twice for Cullercoats in their draw at Newcastle Uni, who had Chris Ritson and Jonny Addy on target.

Darren Riddell took just two minutes to give Amble United the lead in a Group A Subsidiary Cup tie against Heddon and striker Adam Shanks added a hat-trick, including one from the penalty spot. Richard Darwent scored for Heddon.

Steve McLaughin bagged a double in Newcastle Chemfica Independent’s 3-0 Group B success at Forest Hall, with Colin Cooney grabbing the other.

Wallsend Boys Club crashed in five at Division Two leaders Red House Farm.

Jordan Alcock, Dan Parker, Adam Gibson, Steve McCabe and Craig Culyer all stretched the net with Dan Ternent and Zak Brogden scoring the consolations.

Hexham closed the gap at the top with a hard-fought win over Wideopen. Liam Heenan banged in a double for the Tynedalers with Will Nutman on target for the visitors and the points weren’t secured until injury time when Mark Gibson tucked away a penalty.

Mark Worral fired a hat-trick in Northbank’s 7-1 success against Swalwell. Paul Fidler, Lee McDermott, Neil Thorley and Cameron Wilson got the others with Chris Smith notching the consolation.

Whickham Lang Jacks were also on the goal trail with six at Alston. Kevin Hay was another hat-trick hero and he was joined on the scoresheet by Graham King, Lee Laidler and Paul Silcock. Ollie Cartwright scored for Alston.

Matty Donkin shot North Shields Athletic ahead at Seaton Burn but Sean Barker levelled after the break and it also ended honours even at Willington Quay Saints, whose scorer was Mark Henderson with New Fordley’s Lee Waugh successful at the other end.

Steve Graham, David Graham and Shaun Edwards were the Harton & Westoe CW hitmen at Alnwick Town, who replied through Neil McFall.

Improving bottom side Cramlington United deserved a point against Bedlington Terriers Reserves and were unlucky as last minute strikes from Shaun Cowell and Robbie Eastway kept Terriers in the promotion hunt.