Shankhouse leave it late to beat Wallsend Town

There was a late goal at Shankhouse in the Northern Alliance as the home side grabbed a late winner against Wallsend Town.

Peter Snowdon struck with just two minutes to go.

Dekka Graham had struck twice for the visitors but Noel Hanlon and Scott Young were also on target for Shankhouse to earn them a 3-2 win.

Redmond Cockburn fired in from 25 yards in the dying minutes for Percy Main as they came from behind to beat Ashington Colliers. Former Villager Chris Glass shot the visitors ahead but Main turned things around with a Gareth Armstrong double to lift themselves off the bottom.

They are replaced by Hebburn Reyrolle, who cancelled a out a Stephen Howes opener for hosts Seaton Delaval with a Johnny Basham strike.

John Amos headed the only goal for Blyth Town as they beat leaders Whitley Bay A.

Walker Central’s Dan Quine netted from the penalty spot with four minutes to go at Carlisle City, but it proved no more than a consolation as the Sky Blues led through an own goal and a Rob McCartney strike.

Mark Roper netted a hat-trick in Killingworth Station’s comfortable win at Rutherford with Mark Dixon also on the scoresheet.

They love goalscoring goalkeepers in Carlisle. Who can forget Jimmy Glass’s magical last gasp winner that kept Carlisle United in the Football League in 1999?

Northbank’s Stewart Hill charged up the field against Wallington with four minutes to go and the Cumbrians trailing to Jack Palmer’s first half strike.

Sprinkle some magic dust and would you believe it – Hill rose to head the equaliser into the net as the flag kick flew into the area, sparking pandemonium.

Rees Farndell, Martin Soulsby and Robert Nolan chalked up strikes for Red House Farm in their Bay Plastics Challenge Cup quarter-final success at Stocksfield, who had Phil Murray on target twice.

Lee Cuthbertson grabbed an injury time equaliser as Birtley Saint Josephs battled back from two-down at Cramlington Town to take a point in a division one promotion clash. Kev Long and Lee Richardson scored to put Town in charge but Martin Guy pulled one back soon after and Cuthbertson struck at the death.

Liam Henderson slotted a hat-trick in Redheugh’s demolition job on Heddon. Kev Hay (2), Dale Robson, John Dewhirst, Sean Best, Zak Atkinson, Ryan Davenprt and Andy May added the others.

Newcastle Uni came from 2-0 down to surprise New Fordley. Louis Boddy struck twice in the opening ten minutes for the hosts but goals from James Golby (2), Jesse Walkin (2), Michael Spencer and Jens Knudsen gave the Students a good victory.

Sean Reid struck twice as Grainger Park surprised division two leaders Longbenton. Jordan James also fired in for the West Enders and it could have been more but Bulls keeper Martin Dixon pulled off two penalty saves. Pete Webster got the consolation.

Swalwell’s David Jeffers was the hero in the Gateshead derby with an 86th minute winner against Leam Rangers.

Malik Kalimba netted a double – including a real cracker – as Wallsend Boys Club beat Wideopen. Michael Starkie got the other, with Will Nutman replying.

In Northumberland FA Minor Cup, 20-year-old Joe Collins grabbed a treble on his debut for Newcastle Chemfica Independent as they eased into the fourth round. Chemfica, one of the favourites in the competition this year, added a fourth through Phil Deighton.

Dan Carr went one better with four in Blyth Isabella’s demolition of Amble St Cuthberts. Jake Miller, Dan Long, Dan Hislop, Matt Lavender and Paul Huck added the others, with Ethan Iredale and Liam Ramsey netting for the visitors.

Richard May was another hat-trick hero in Cullercoats’ success against Rothbury, who had Richard Hooks on target.

Louis O’Donoghue netted a hat-trick in Bohemians 7-1 win at Bamburgh Castle. Darren Campbell, Daniel Ure, Chris Toye and Peter Gadsen got the others.

Mark Race had a claim on the match ball with three in Bedlington Terriers Reserves’ win over Seaton Burn, with John Sutcliffe netting a consolation.

Thomas Skidmore grabbed three as Ponteland United ran in seven against Lindisfarne Athletic. Andrew Davidson, Liam Anderson, Chris Hibbitt and Peter Scott got the others.

Steven Thompson, Tom Clarke and Chris Walker scored for Newcastle Benfield Reserves as they came from behind to win at Gosforth Bohs A.

Ryan Ferrier struck twice with Gareth Pugh and Sean Blakey getting the others in Willington Quay Saints’ victory at Stobswood Welfare, who had Stephen Tweddle on the scoresheet.

North Shields Athletic beat Tweedmouth Rangers 4-1.

Dan Surley, Sam Harwood, Ben Jackson, Sean Allen and Guy-Michael Monnanou were West Allotment Celtic A’s scorers as they beat Alnwick Town Reserves, who struck through Dominic Schiavetta and Neil McFall.

Highfields United were unable to raise a team to play at Hexham, so the Tynedalers had an easy passage.

The highly anticipated clash between Wooler and AFC Newbiggin was abandoned after 15 minutes as the Wooler goalkeeper suffered a serious injury.

Cramlington United were left red-faced as they crashed out of the competition 4-3 at home to Newcastle City.

High Howdon were dumped out at Newcastle Barca Rovers on penalties.