Town edge Colliers in extra time cup tie

BLYTH Town took the honours in their derby meeting with Ashington Colliers in the Northern Alliance Kicks Leisure Challenge Cup first round.

Town went through after extra time in an exciting end-to-end encounter.

The black and whites had David Brown and Reece Farrell on the scoresheet, but an Ian Nickalls own goal and further efforts from Dan Long and David Atkinson settled it.

A seven-goal thriller at Shankhouse was also settled in extra time.

Visitors Walker Central went ahead through Paul Collinson, but Shaun Nicholson evened things up.

Steve Hurd put Central back in front in the 80th minute but with just four minutes to go, Adam Bambrough equalised.

Further strikes from Dean Deagle and George Johnstone put Shankhouse in control, but they were made to sweat when Phillip Davison pulled one back in the 129th minute.

Elsewhere in the competition, Sean Bannon and Tom Lucock both hit hat-tricks for Carlisle City as they dished out a ten-goal drubbing to Hebburn Reyrolle.

Simon Tucker added a double late on and Dale Armstrong and Martin Shepherd were also celebrating.

Holders Whitley Bay A were dumped out by Heaton Stannington whose scorers were Jonathon Wright (2), Kevin Carr and Gary McGarrial. The Seahorses knew it was not their day when they missed from the penalty spot.

Aaron Roberts, Darren Addison and Mark Thompson scored for Harraby United as they went through at the expense of Percy Main.

Michael Bowman crashed in a hat-trick for Killingworth Sporting at Rutherford with Matthew Speedie grabbed the other.

A Phil Murray hat-trick helped Stocksfield to success at Wallsend Town, who replied through Lee Garwood. Tom Finnerty added a fourth for the Griffins, who also missed a penalty.

Late goals from Sean Taylor and Adam Shanks put Amble United back on top of the Northern Alliance premier division table on Saturday.

But the Seasiders had to do it the hard way after being reduced to ten men against Seaton Delaval when Matty Graham saw red in the 55th minute.

Taylor powerfully headed into the bottom corner to round off a fine team move in the 74th minute and Shanks raced onto a long ball over the top and lobbed the advancing keeper to make the points secure in the 93rd minute.

In division one, Kevin Urwin broke Morpeth Town A’s hearts with a late winner.

Town took the lead at Heddon as Dean Fitch netted but Perry Veitch shot an equaliser just before the break. When Steven Satterthwaite added a second for Heddon, Scott Broderick took just two minutes to hit back. Urwin struck with just ten minutes left.

In the Pin Point Recruitment Combination Cup, David Mason’s extra-time winner put Cramlington Town through at Northbank while a Steve McLaughlin hat-trick eased Newcastle Chemfica Independent past Forest Hall.

Goals from Daniel Sneap and Graeme Allen put Cullercoats in the hat for Round Two during their victory over Bohemians, who had Andrew Renting on target.

Ponteland United’s Paul Ford, William Jarvis-Smith and Craig Cook all scored as they put Wallington out, with a Jack Bell own goal the only consolation.

Kev Hay hit the winner for Gateshead Redheugh 1957 against Newcastle Uni and Lee Brady, Roi Tinknell, Dale Pearson and Shane Brooks netted for Red House Farm in their good victory over Hexham. Paul McLean and Tom Phillips were the Tynedale side’s targetmen.

Bedlington Terriers Reserves won 4-3 on penalties against Willington Quay Saints after a goalless stalemate.

In the Pin Point Recruitment Amateur Cup, red-hot James Scott plundered a hat-trick for Wooler as Grainger Park were hit for eight.

Thomas Allan (2), Tom Martin, Jamie Punton and Stuart Bertram all joined him on the scoresheet in the demolition job.

Kris Allington hit two for Blyth Isabella and Matthew Lavender got the other while Cramlington United replied through Michael Jordan.

Birtley Saint Joseph’s had Lee Cuthbertson (2) and Niki Langston on target in their victory at Wallsend Boys Club while Longbenton’s Adam Brown fired them through at Alston.

High Howdon’s Alex Nesbit and Liam Sword scored against Swalwell and Craig Boyle and Ryan Bailey’s goals proved decisive for North Shields Athletic against Newcastle Benfield Reserves - Steven Thomson struck the reply.

Wideopen’s Nathan Rogerson (2), Andrew Shaw and Michael Strachan fired in against New Fordley, whose replies came from Louis Boddy and Lee Waugh.

Jack Greenwell and Andy Bennett both bagged braces in Seaton Burn’s 4-2 extra-time success against Alnwick Town Reserves. Stephen Hutchins crashed in two in reply.