FREE bowls sessions are taking place throughout Northumberland and North Tyneside next month to attract more people to take up the sport.
Bowls North of the Tyne and the new Bowls Development Alliance have formed a partnership to bring the free events on four Saturdays in May – 7, 14, 21 and 28
The Bowling Clubs in involved are: -
• Cowpen and Croften Bowling Club, Civic Centre, Renwick Road, Blyth; contact Lawrie Wise (01670) 362160;
• Tynemouth Bowling Club, Tynemouth Park, Tynemouth; contact George Grealy (0191) 257 3315;
• Collingwood Bowling Club, The Parks Sport Centre, North Shields; contact Bob Miller (0191) 252 2270;
• Innisfree Bowling Club, The Oxford Centre, Longbenton; contact E Darke (0191) 266 0383;
• Ponteland Bowling Club, Darras Road, Ponteland; contact Dave Kirk (01661) 827038.
These Free taster sessions will take place either between 10am and noon or 10.30am and 12.30pm depending on the club.